Version 6.4.1 and higher
Generate PowerPoint file with mapping
Prepare PowerPoint files
To generate project content into a PowerPoint file, you need a file with the corresponding bookmarks. Text marks of the type Text Box, Pictures and Table are supported.
- Open a PowerPoint file.
- Switch to the Insert tab and click on Pictures, Text Box or Table – depending on what you want to display in the document.
Text fields are used to generate project and user-defined properties in the document.
- Select Text Box from the menu bar and place it in the desired position in the document.
- Name the fields and format them.
- Select the text box, click Format on the menu bar, then click Selection Pane. The selection pane opens on the right, where you can enter the desired text marks for the PowerPoint elements.
- Double-click a text field and enter any name in the field.
- Repeat the process with all text fields that are to be generated later.
- Save the file when you are finished with the page layout.
Queries are generated into the document via a table.
- Insert a table into the document by selecting Table from the menu bar.
- Enter the column names of the query in the columns of the first line. The column headings must be identical to the query, since the contents are generated by mapping into the table. The order of the columns does not have to be observed.
- Mark the table, call up the Selection Pane again via the menu bar and enter any name in the field.
- Save the document.
Define project plan
Views of the type project plan or activity plan can be generated into a PowerPoint document via Pictures.
- Insert any image into the document via the menu bar. The image serves as a placeholder and is exchanged during generation.
- Drag the image to the desired size.
- Select the image and click Format on the menu bar to access the Selection Pane.
- Double-click the box and enter a name of your choice.
If you do not want to generate the total Gantt chart, but only a section, click on the Edit button in the row. Another dialog opens where you can set the time period.
- Save the document.
Change PowerPoint file
If you already have one or more PowerPoint files in a directory, you can change or extend them later.
- Select the file to be changed and call up the Edit command via the context menu of the file. The command loans the document and opens it in write mode.
- Make changes and save it.
- From the context menu of the file, select the Check In command to apply the changes and release it for other employees.
- Click OK in the subsequent dialog box.
If you want to generate several pages, the pages do not have to be prepared in one document, you can also compile different individual PowerPoint files as one document. However, in the case of different documents, you must carry out the mapping of the contents on the respective file. You then carry out the generation on the main file.
In the following example, the contents to be generated are defined in a file.
- Select the file and choose the command Configure PowerPoint Generation from the context menu.
Depending on which contents are to be generated, carry out the mapping in the corresponding tabs.
In the Bookmarks tab, you map project and user-defined properties. If you do not use any properties, the tab remains empty.
- Click on the Plus button in the Bookmarks tab.
- Select the project in the selection dialog if it is a project property. If you want to map user-defined properties instead, select the specific element from the project.
- In the Property column, click the […] button and select the custom property. (The property that is created on the stereotype).
In the Tables tab, you map the queries that are to be generated. If you do not use any queries, the tab remains empty.
- Click on the Plus button in the Tables tab and select the query to be generated in the selection dialog.
- Enter the name you defined for the query in the document in the Table Name column.
In the Images tab, you map the Gantt charts.
- Click on the Plus button in the Images tab and select the Gantt chart to be generated in the selection dialog.
- Enter the name you defined for the view in the document in the Image Name column.
- Click on the Edit button in the row if you do not want to generate the whole Gantt chart but only a section. Another dialog opens where you can set the time period.
- Confirm with OK.
Generate PowerPoint file
- Select a PowerPoint file with integrated and mapped bookmarks.
- Select the Generate Content and Open command from the context menu.
Generate PowerPoint file from different files
The contents to be generated in the document do not have to be prepared in one document. You can also combine different individual PowerPoint files into one document.
- Select the “main” file and choose the command Configure PowerPoint Generation from the context menu.
- Switch to the Contained Presentations tab and click on the Plus button to add the individual pages and correct the order of the pages via the blue arrow buttons if necessary.
- Select the command Generate Content and Open via the context menu of the file.