objectiF RPM works on a central multi-user database and differentiates between user, staff and project staff.
First of all, you need a user of type database administrator. This user has unlimited rights and can also create users and employees, assign rights, and create and delete organizations and projects.
Users are created in organizations as well as in projects or imported from an Active Directory. They are then available to all organizations and can be distributed into the projects.
An staff is available to the entire organization and can thus be assigned to projects or moved to another sub-organization.
A project staff is an employee who is assigned to one or more projects.
You create a user:
- via the backstage menu with Settings/ User Management
- if you are in an organization and click in the backstage menu the command Settings/ User Management
- if you are in a project and and click in the backstage menu the command Settings/ User Management.
It plays a subordinate role whether users are created in an organization or a project. It is important that all users who want to work with objectiF RPM are registered as users.
The view contains all created users that were created within the main organization or that exist in your database. If you create additional organizations, the users created in the main organization are also made available here.
You can create users manually or import all users from an Active Directory. When creating a new user, you enter data for the login or the e-mail address and mark whether it is a “normal” user or whether it should be given additional rights by default. If you import users, you can specify this data using the Edit context menu command.
As a database or organization administrator, you have the right to create users.
Create new user
- Click on the plus sign to create a new user.
- Full name and Username are mandatory fields. Enter a name and a user name here.
- Select an authentication method from the drop-down menu.
- If available, you can specify a photo by clicking on the image above Photo.
- Mark the option User can login.
- Save the user with OK.
Create new user via active directory
- Click in the view on the blue icon.
- In the following dialog select a domain and then click on Search behind the User field.
- Select the users to be transferred.
- Click OK.
Users belonging to project elements cannot be deleted. First remove the user from the project before you delete it.
- Click in the backstage menu on the command Settings/ User Management.
- Select a user in the view and choose the command Delete from the context menu.
- Confirm the confirmation prompt.
You can change a user’s name and login data, as well as determine whether additional rights are granted or withdrawn.
- In the backstage menu, click on the menu option Settings/ User Management.
- Select a user in the view and choose Edit from the context menu.
The Edit Database User dialog opens.
- Make your changes and save with OK.